Access Control System – Traditional Installation
Most of the enterprises and governments use access control plate and Mifare or RFID to authorize entrance identity. With the traditional deployment, access control machine uses RS-232 or RS-485 serial interface and cables connecting to login server. With connection to ICS-10x serial over Fast Ethernet Converter, the access control machine is able to extend over longer distances via Ethernet. Or the ICS-10x can be linked to an XDSL router to get the internet access capability; the access control can be set and monitored over the Internet.
To monitor, configure and manage the Robot conveyer including other manufacturing machines, PLC (Programmable Logical Control) is required. The PLC is used to drive the above the manufacturing process. The ICS-10x can be set to TCP server mode and connect the PLC. The administrator can configure and set command settings through Fast Ethernet intranet to control the PLC, the administrator and workstation. There is no need for the adminstrators to be always by the side of the I/O machine.
RTU Data Collect – UDP Mode
Connect with RTU (Remote Terminal Unit) to collect and monitor the data of waves, signal and power utilization. The ICS-10x can be used to set up UDP mode and send data over Fast Ethernet to Local server or over Internet to remote server automatically.
Surveillance Motion Control – Pair Connection Mode
Using pair connection along with fiber optic patch cord, the ICS-10x extends RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485 interface distance from surveillance and scanner to the control keyboard/joystick which is installed in the remote monitoring center.
• One RS-232 / 422 / 485 port to one 10/100Base-TX or 100Base-FX Media Converter
• Cost-effective solution for RS-232 to Ethernet application
• Supports RS-232, 4-wire RS-422 or 2/4-wire RS485 operation
• Asynchronous serial data rates up to 921600b/s
• Complies with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u 10/100Base-TX standard
• Supports auto MDI/MDI-X function on RJ-45 Port
• Standard TCP / IP interface and versatile operation modes
• Software Protocol Support ARP, ICMP,TCP / IP, UDP, HTTP server, DHCP client,
• Built-in IP-base Web interface for remote management
• Serial operation mode selected via Web management
• Pair connection mode for connecting two serial devices over a network
• PLANET Smart Discovery utility automatically finds PLANET devices on the network
• Firmware upgrade via HTTP protocol
• Compact size for easy Installation:
-Standalone - Wall mountable or DIN-rail mounting (optional accessory)
-Co-work with PLANET MC family Media Chassis ( MC-700/1000R/1500)
• LED indicators for easy network diagnose
• Reset button on the front panel for reset to factory default