Access Control System – Traditional Installation
Most of the enterprises and governments use access control plate and Mifare or RFID to authorize entrance identity. With traditional deployment, access control machines use the RS-232 or RS-485 serial interface and cables connecting to login server. With connection with the ICS-10x Serial over Fast Ethernet Converter, the access control machine is able to be extended over longer distances via fiber optical interface. The distance can be up to 20km in a local range. The ICS-10x can also be linked to an XDSL router to get the Internet access capability; then the access control can be set and monitored over the Internet.
The PLC (Programmable Logical Control) is required to monitor, configure and manage the Robot conveyer including other machines in the manufacturing process. The ICS-10x can be set to TCP server mode and connect with the PLC. Therefore, the administrator can remotely configure and set command settings through Fast Ethernet intranet to control the PLC, the administrators and workstations. There is no need for the administrators to be always by the side of the I/O machine.
RTU Data Collect – UDP Mode
The RTU (Remote Terminal Unit) may be applied to collect and monitor the data of waves, signal and power utilization. Connecting the RTU with the ICS-10x in UDP mode, the data can be sent over Fast Ethernet to local server or over Internet to remote server automatically.
Surveillance Motion Control – Pair Connection Mode
Using pair connection along with the fiber optic patch cord, the ICS-10x extends the remote central surveillance monitoring with the control keyboard/joystick via RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485 interfaces.
• One RS-232 / 422 / 485 port to one 100Base-FX Media Converter
• Cost-effective solution for RS-232 to Ethernet application
• Supports RS-232, 4-wire RS-422 or 2/4-wire RS485 operation
• Asynchronous serial data rates up to 921600bps
• Complies with IEEE 802.3u 100Base-FX standard
• Choice of fiber-connector from SC / LC, multi-mode / single-mode fiber
• Standard TCP / IP interface and versatile operation modes
• Software Protocol Supported: ARP, ICMP,TCP / IP, UDP, HTTP server, DHCP client, Telnet server/client
• Built-in IP-based Web interface for remote management
• Serial operation mode selected via Web management
• Pair connection mode for connecting two serial devices over a network
• PLANET Smart Discovery utility automatically finds PLANET devices on the network
• Firmware upgrade via HTTP protocol
• Compact size for easy Installation
-Standalone - Wall mountable or DIN-rail mounting (optional accessory)
-Co-work with PLANET MC family Media Chassis (MC-700 / MC-1500 / MC-1500R / MC-1500R48)
• LED indicators for easy network diagnose
• Reset button on the front panel for reset to factory default