Long Distance PoE IP Surveillance
Is 100 meter cable long enough for a wide range of IP Surveillance deployment? The answer is certainly not. To achieve the benefits of IP surveillance and also the long-distance IP camera distribution, PLANET POE-E201 Gigabit high power PoE Extender is a quick and cost-effective option besides adopting a PoE injector or PoE Ethernet switch equipped with fiber optical interface. In the simplest application, the POE-E201 enables a PoE IP camera to be installed up to 200 meters away from a PoE injector. The PoE injector delivers PoE power over the first 100 meters to the POE-E201 over UTP cable, and then the POE-E201 forwards the Ethernet data and remaining POE power to the PoE IP camera. The POE-E201 does not require an external power supply and can be installed easily by just plug and play, meaning the operator does not need to configure the POE-E201 for an immediate installation.
Long Distance PoE Wireless Access Point
When being used in the Wireless LAN, the POE-E201 enables wireless access points to be connected using standard Cat.5/5e/6 cable over 100 meters from the Power Source Equipment (PSE), such as PoE switch, PoE injector hub and single port PoE injector. The POE-E201 is also powered by the incoming PoE on the Ethernet cable and does not require any external power feed. Therefore, the POE-E201 can reduce the usage of cables and eliminate the need of dedicated electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. It frees the wireless AP deployment from restrictions of power outlet locations.
• IEEE 802.3at / 802.3af Power over Ethernet compliant
• Complies with IEEE 802.3 / 802.3u / 802.3ab 10/100/1000Base-T
• Extends the range of PoE to more than 100 meters (328ft.)
• Automatically detects and protects PoE equipment from being damaged by incorrect installation
• Multiple units, daisy-chain installation support
• Forwards both Ethernet data and PoE power to the remote device
• No external power cable installation required
• Compact size, wall-mountable design
• Plug and Play