Internet Connection with Firewall
The XRT-401F provides Internet access capability via its WAN port connecting through either xDSL or cable modem. With built-in Firewall functions, it also acts as a security router (NAT disabled + static route) to route the network traffic to a specific destination host. Furthermore, providing add-on virtual servers, UPnP, and DMZ support, the XRT-401F helps users enjoy trouble-free Internet communication.
Firewall / Security Features
• Built in NAT firewall
• Client Filtering by IP address with time schedule
• URL Filtering: Keyword based URL Filter to block LAN users
access to undesirable websites
• MAC Control
• Virtual Servers: allows Internet users to access Internet
servers on their LANs. The required setup is quick and easy.
• Special Internet Applications: Applications which use non-standard
connections or port numbers are normally blocked by the Firewall.
The XRT-401F is able to define and allow these applications to be
• DMZ Support: the XRT-401F can translate the public IP address to
private IP address to allow unrestricted 2-Way communication with
servers or individual users on the Internet, which provides running
programs with the most flexibility.
• Four Auto-Negotiation, Auto-MDI / MDI-X Ethernet ports provide
connection to local LAN and help to eliminate inconvenient cabling.
• One WAN 10/100Base-TX port provides connection to your DSL or cable
• DHCP Server Support: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
provides a dynamic IP address to PCs and other devices upon request.
The XRT-401F can act as a DHCP Server for devices on your local LAN.
Configuration & Management
• Easy Setup: built-in configuration wizard helps users to complete
network installation in a very short time via standard Internet
browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Remote Management: the XRT-401F can be managed from any PC on LAN
or via Internet anywhere around the world.
• UPnP Support: UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) allows automatic
discovery and configuration of the XRT-401F. UPnP is supported by
Windows ME, XP, or later.
• Provides system log and security log. The log can be saved at syslog
server or mail to a specific account.